Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Will We Give Up For Him?

The verse in my devotional this morning, March 24th, is:

"Then he called his disciples and the crowds to come over and listen. 'If any of you wants to be my follower,' he told them, 'you must put aside your own pleasures and shoulder your cross, and follow me closely. If you insist on saving your own life, you will lose it. Only those who throw away their lives for my sake and for the sake of the Good News will ever know what it means to really live. And how does a man benefit if he gains the whole world and loses his soul in the process? For is anything worth more than his soul? And anyone who is ashamed of me and my message in these days of unbelief and sin, I, the Messiah, will be ashamed of him when I return in the glory of my Father, with the holy angels.' Mark 8:34-38."

I was just debating how much I was really willing to give up for Jesus this morning...strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment